Theatre: Learning the ropes

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Priming the Pump

Well we're one lesson down and have 3 more days to go. Fast and furious. Be looking in your email for the chapter to read by Steve Pederson, DRAMA MINISTRY on "Writing a Winning Sketch."

remember the GK Chesterton quote I shared tonight?

"A person is better served by one book thoroughly mastered than 20 books merely skimmed."

Well, I am simplifying that! I want you to get to know only this one CHAPTER well.

I enjoyed myself tonight, getting to know you through what you shared, what you wrote and the character you bring to the group. Welcome one and all, this is going to be a good couple of weeks together. Those of you who missed class, well,... you missed it. Do the homework. You'll catch on.

I've posted the homework assignments below. Answer on the web and print out for your journals/notebooks. I'll even take some time in the next few days to put my answers in. (not tonight however!)

here's an idea for an interesting scene from my life today: Else's mom came to me after class wanting to know if it was okay for her to be in this class with adults (HOW INTIMDATING! brave Else). I told her that the last time I taught this course in Singapore there was a 12 year old boy and he was THE BEST STUDENT in the class because he was serious about the content and wanting to do the homework in order to grow. I want Else in there to keep you "grownups" on your toes! I'm sure Else was happy to hear that bit of encouragement (but let's not repeat history...I mean, I want you grown ups to be serious about doing your homework too)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


sponsors
Free Web Counter
work at home