Theatre: Learning the ropes

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Customer Survey Reports: This Customer’s Satisfaction is 95% average!

RECENTLY FINISHED A SCRIPTWRITING CLASS for GRACE ASSEMBLY/CHURCH OF OUR SAVIOUR

Here's what the students feedback was...

These last 2 weeks…I can’t believe you got me to try

**Flash writing
recalling my influential experiences
to even write a script!
blogging! It was fun!
writing!...Actually, thinking.


I will never forget the lesson about...

structure of plays
sharing infulential experiences
"Show don't tell"
reviewing movies or stories
**idiosyncracies
writing from your experiences
character building
your play (reading & acting it out)
creativity...there's so much evidence of it in your home!


I really want to work more on

writing scripts
**structure, I'm really bad at it
A musical "C'est la Vie!"
creating characters...woo hoo!
flash writing, trying new styles.
drama (hilarious)
dialogue, plot & conflict

I wish we’d had more time for

analysing good scripts & movie samples
WEST WING!
peer critique of scripts
activities & games
just writing in general/practice!
another class session...
brainsotrming


I hope I never have to do this again:

**miss any of the lessons
be unconfident about writing
tell lies (ha ha)
draft a script (ha ha)
N.A.
have a sleepless night.


I was moved by

encouragement and additional ideas on how we can improve our scripts
some of the life experiences - esp Josephine's
that there are many authors of Christian drama
**the honest open sharing of everyone
the acting in GREAT EXPECTATIONS
the example of script cover
Saving PRIVATE RYAN & LITTLE WOMEN


I sensed God’s presence when

**we prayed
i finished writing something
we interacted with one another
we were writing
during the lesson
we got together. Just that!


I also have this to say

This workshop has the potential of being much longer! We could have a Writers Club or something!
I have really major writer's block today & have problems filling up this feedback form!! ARGH!! Help!!!
I wish we'd had more time to discuss with one another.
What a friendly bunch of course mates! Thank you for your hospitality. The guidance meant alot!
**Thanks for teaching us.
I enjoyed this class & have learned quite a lot. Hope I can expand on it and use it to God's glory.
The second week was a bit hectic. Thurs, Sat & Sunday. Not enough days in between to work on scripts.
I enjoyed this course trenendously because it's creative - not one of those "12 steps to writing" lecture and boring exercises.

**more than one gave this answer!

May the God of peace, who…brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus…
equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ. Hebrews 13:20,21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


sponsors
Free Web Counter
work at home