Theatre: Learning the ropes

Friday, May 16, 2014

Drama in Children's Education. Highlights from Participants

Sharing during the Highlights section at the end (based on recording of translator).

#1
I thank God for this class n a period when I feel so needy the timing. Because recently, not long ago, I really enjoyed serving God. When I was passionate for that, I was the only believer in my family.  My parents would not allow me to serve God. They opposed me and stopped me and I felt so discouraged. I thought, why do I have such a heart for God? I have no ability, but Heart but ?hy are there so many difficult challenges.

I was jealous of others because they have many chances and more gifts and favorable situations.

Why do not have opportunities to serve God like I wanted.

Thank God for the SU VBS training, and also for today. I feel God has treated me very well. Because actually the Sunday School teachers of my church today cannot go to study, but I can go to study. God proved to me that he treats me well and loves me as much as others.

I want to convey this message, to thte children. when I was a child I was not a believer. Now I want to to children about Jesus. I have this chance to help my church develop children’s ministry.

Pray that God will use me.


#2 Business and Law Student who is from the Mekong River area, Currently Studying in HCM. She loves the arts and knows she can make a good living in Human Resources, which she likes. But she also knows that Christians need legal representation, so she wonders if God might want her to continue to pursue more legal preparation. She and one other lady agreed to help the group collect and organize and share the groups’ scripts and ideas as they are created, and then shared.

Thank you I lost contact with her for so long, recently we go connected about drama, and I thought right away I must go. Since childhood I have always loved the drama. I was always writing stories and writing scripts. When I came inside I felt so much belonging. And also I experiencing eye opening/ I hope that. I think I want to see a more professional team for children. Not just for HCM but for our country and I desire to lead this job. God is arranging every people to get together. I hope that I discover my gifts to know what God has given me.  When I was a student I was good at literature. When I became a Sunday school teacher I saw that this is why God made me like this. I want to discover more how to use my interests to serve him.


#3
Praise God for this opportunity. I have a desire to teach children. I have come from far away for something else. Not for this teaching. If God had planned for this training had been tomorrow, I couldn’t have come. But because it was today was my last day and  I could come. I liked the experience of writing script, and directed my people to perform it. I thank God for that because I have learned so much to apply to my Sunday school ministry. Today I learned so much. Thankful to God for the opportunity to stay back one more day and learn this.

#4
I am so surprised because of God’s power, God knows everything that I want. I joined the children’s ministry. I always see the others to teach, and I find when I tell the story to children, I felt bored. And the children was not interested.

And I prayed God to him. Lord if you have chose me to be a Sunday School teacher, please grant me more skills! There are so many things I cannot do.
Today my leader told me to come study about teaching children. I didn’t know it was going to be about drama. When I came in I heard it was going to be drama, I felt so excited and refreshed. Because this Sunday I will tell the Moses story to my kids. I am so excited God sees our hearts. He sees our hearts to serve him and opens doors for us to serve in new ways. He doesn’t stop. Even if there are challenges and difficulties. God is unlimited.


#5
You see me as the teacher for drama, but I haven’t had the opportunity to do much teaching in the last few years. Like many of you, since I was small, I loved doing drama. But it all pretty much stopped a few years ago. I had some health problems and a teenager who wasn’t doing well in school. He needed me to help him. So when I came to Vietnam in February, it was to help my husband and not anything about drama. He travels in Asian countries helping pastors and deacons. This is valuable and good work. But for me it’s kind of boring. But my husband wants me to come along to support him, and I know God wants me to be with him and partner with him. So, when we came in February it was to start a new group. This was Esther’s group. Before I arrived, he told them that I am a drama teacher. And Esther said, “Drama? Drama! Can she teach us some drama?” ….So I even think in this small little church, on the outskirts of HCM God put my husband together with them, knowing that he would also put me together with you. We have a good God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


sponsors
Free Web Counter
work at home